Thursday, June 24, 2010

Brandy Pandy

A friend of mine wrote the following poem yesterday. He said it was a gift for my birthday, which is tomorrow. It's about me. He is always trying to psycho analyze me. My lack of self-confidence must had been his inspiration, lol. Anyway, enjoy.

The timid eyes, without shaken pride,
she hides from all that lies, but can’t hide the fight,
but it’s because of the fight, that she hides in plain sight.
The idea is there, but what are the words?
The idea without expression, how absurd!
That’s stupid, that sucks, and that swallows;
so behind my screen I release my sorrows.
Why do I do this?
I don’t know.
Don’t ask me questions, just leave me alone!
But read my words, I swear this is me.
The laughter, the innocent smile,
why can’t you see that it’s only skin deep.
I retreat into myself.
Friend to lost souls and misfits,
sibling to the gross, sweet souls,
so I pretend to give a shit.
They depend on me, but I wasn’t ready.
They can’t blame me, fuck them.
It’s not my fault their judgment wasn’t steady,
But the truth is, I’m bright as a nova.
The party revolves around me, about me, for me,
I AM the next generation!
The quiet idea will scream loud,
as the timid brings you to your knees.
I will hide no more when the quiet tide turns to my favor.
“Are you ready for more?” will be my threat to all the haters.

By: Scott Stamler


No comments:

Post a Comment