Saturday, November 20, 2010

Para El Gobierno, Att: El Pueblo

I love looking around the house for things to put in my treasure chest. Yeah, I actually do have one. I've made a discovery today! Pictured below is a letter "Para El Gobierno" from "El Pueblo". I recognized the writing; It's my mother's!


I showed it to her and asked her why she tossed it in the trash. This piece is written on the back of a First Class U.S. Postage Paid envelope, which I found very significant. She just shrugged her shoulders. Apparently, she's been writing things and just throwing them away! I gasped! I asked her to give me everything she writes from now on and she agreed. I doubt she'll follow through though.

Para El Gobierno
Para el gobierno:
Nosotros los Hispanos
Latinos e inmigrantes,
Somos como la marea;
Podemos hacerlos subir
o podemos hacerlos bajar,
Tenemos poder y se los acabamos
de demostrar.
Att: El Pueblo

Por: Norma P. Ruiz



No comments:

Post a Comment