Monday, January 10, 2011
I Leave My Nest
I leave my nest tomorrow. The road will be long, but worth every mile. My parents are coming with me. I'm truly blessed to have them in my life. They've been unbelievably supportive of every decision I've made since I started community college in winter of 2007...As I sit here, on my bed, childhood memories rush through my mind like water rushes through a broken dam. I've let down my guard and I'm allowing myself to feel. I laugh and I cry. I've been through so much bullshit, this blessing is actually hard for me to accept...I still feel like I'm wandering through life without purpose, but this move feels right. That little voice inside my head has tried to break me down with negative thoughts lately, but I haven't allowed fear of change to get the best of me. I'm starting to see that life is about trials and tribulations, but with love we can overcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment