Friday, July 23, 2010

"The Other Mother".

The days grow longer and stressful. The heat doesn't help my mood either. I hardly ever leave home. The children are the only thing on my mind. Of course they have mothers, my sisters. But seriously, they can't even wash a pan to fry an egg! If I don't cook and feed my nieces and nephew, okay it's true that mom probably would, but still. My sisters live in their own world. They need to get their shit together. This summer I've dubbed myself "The other mother".

I know my sisters neglect their kids on purpose. They know either mom or I will be there to do what they don't. And perhaps it's my fault. I haven't allowed them to be responsible? Nah, I'm just a sucker. Anyone else would be like, "Fuck you, take care of your own damn kids!" But I can't. I always imagine the worst. What would happen to them if I wasn't available to care for their kids, you know? Maybe if I backed off my sisters would become responsible. Yeah, right. And soon we'll have world peace and I would be able to touch a star! I wish. They would probably just continue staring at themselves in the mirror, talking on the phone for hours about random things, than give their kids a sandwich. This is so sad. I'm not saying I'm perfect and have my shit together, because believe me, I really don't!

Anyway, I could continue this rant, but I won't. And although my sisters are extremely inconsiderate and use me all the time, I love them. I just wish they would focus their energy on interacting with their kids instead of straighting their hair and taking Myspace pictures. Society is so fucked up, man! Oh, and before you call me a hypocrite, I can actually do this, because unlike them, I haven't carelessly created life and must now nurture it. Booyah! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment