Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Money vs Life

I just noticed that most people spend their entire life just trying to survive. My parents are an example of this sad fate. They can’t live, for fear of dying on the streets without a penny to their name. Why should my parents waste precious seconds of their life stressing over money? I’m sure they can find hundreds of better things to do. I don’t think anyone deserves to skip meals in order to pay bills. It seems that their life has forever been marked with grief and poverty for simply being born. I don’t think that anyone should suffer their entire life, like they have, because they are not “American”; especially if they work hard and contribute to the state. What the fuck is “American” anyway? I was born in Los Angeles California and I live a difficult life. Perhaps it is because geographically, I am “American”, but socially, I am still just a “Mexican”. I think these labels, fabricated by the upper one percent of society, is a load of shit. It’s not just greedy white folks contributing to discriminatory laws, but the top one percent of every country. I think the system has been meticulously structured so that all beings, that were not born rich, fail. The sickening part, however, is that there are people that are aware of the struggle, but rather live complacently with the dream, that odds are, will never manifest itself, than speak for those that fear. How dead must we be whilst we breathe, for us to finally raise our voice and say that we have suffered enough and would risk it all to see that others are given the chance to live? Who can be happy in a society that values money over life? I know I can’t. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment